Why Should You Choose a Rainbow Play Systems Swing Set?
Rainbow Play Systems has over 30 years of Building Childhood Memories®. With more than 200 swing set designs to choose from, it’s easy to see why we’re America’s Most Trusted Brand Name. And, if that’s not reason enough, you can dig a little deeper into our history, safety features, warranty and more. We applaud you for being a cautious parent and you’ll be happy to learn that we are too. Our commitment to safety, durability, and fun is what makes Rainbow Play Systems the best residential swing set manufacturer in the country. But don’t take our word for it, you can find everything you need to know for yourself right here.
Rainbow Play Systems, Inc’s Company History
While the scale of our swing set operation has changed over the last 30+ years, our focus remains paramount – creating the safest, most durable and highest quality swings sets available in America.
- Established in 1985
- 675,000 sq ft manufacturing facility
- 150 employees
- 200+ dealerships around the world
- 250+ Showrooms around the world
- 100+ swing set accessories
Swing Set Safety is Our #1 Priority
Rainbow Play Systems is a trusted leader in wooden swing sets because of our commitment to quality and safety. With Rainbow Play Systems swing sets, you can be rest assured that every safety consideration has been tested, evaluated and tested again before ever reaching the finished swing set.
We choose only the finest materials for our swing sets. Our entire line is constructed with 100% Cedar lumber, or 100% Redwood lumber for the Castles, commercial-grade hardware, dual-bolt construction, heavy-gauge dipped safety chains, angled safety ladders, one-inch thick rope and interlocking notched-beam construction. Our massive solid-beam structures are held in place with recessed hardware and safety caps, and all our play surfaces are fastener-free. Our imported swing sets are made with 100% solid Pacific Cedar or scientifically named Cunninghamia Lanceolata.
Rainbow’s use of solid timbers in key structural areas (main support members, swing beams and swing beam support legs) can assure you that NO safety, or quality is compromised in our imported sets. Our swing sets are designed to last a lifetime, while giving your child the wishes-come-true place to run, jump, and play to their heart desires. We’ve even developed an exclusive line of extensions and specially designed swing set accessories for unlevel yards.
Our history, safety features, and best-in-the-industry warranty are second to none. We know you’re a parent whose number one priority is your child’s safety. You’ll be happy to learn that at Rainbow, that’s our priority too!
Heavy Duty 18 oz. Canopy
Our Heavy Duty Canopy offers protection from sun or rain to make every day a great day to play. Our removable canopy is easy to clean, thicker than most in the industry & manufactured with UV protective material to mitigate fading.
Big Beam Construction
Rainbow Play Systems are engineered to be rock solid & the foundation of our design is the abundance of big beam construction. Massive 4″ x 4” • 4” x 6” timbers are utilized as structural components.
Notched Beam Construction
Essential for long lasting & durable structure. The notches that are cut into each end of the brace are designed to gain maximum support by bracing wood against wood. This greatly reduces the force on the lag bolt that holds the brace in position.
Massive 1/2″ Hardware
Rainbow’s Castle & Clubhouse feature massive 1/2″ diameter thru• bolt hardware utilized in the entire structure for unparalleled strength & stability.
Full 1″ Thick Rope
Rainbow only uses 1″ thick rope • no Detail thin 1/2” or 5/8″rope. Utilizing a full 1″ diameter rope creates an easy to grab rope, very large knots & eliminates tangling.
Dual Bolt Construction Detail
Dual bolted construction detail throughout the play structure creates tremendous rigidity at the connection points for a vastly more stable structure when compared to the single bolt construction used by competitors.
Heavy Duty Ductile Iron 360° Tire Swing Swivel
Ductile Iron has more carbon steel than traditional iron & is unmatched in strength. 360° swivel is double bolted & double nutted, includes 3 ultra safe carabiner mountain climbing clips & is backed by our Exclusive Lifetime Warranty.
100% NATURAL BIG BEAM CEDAR CONSTRUCTION
All Cedars are Conifer trees which are highly decay resistant & successfully utilized in outdoor environments for hundreds of years.
DURABILITY – Cedar is a highly revered, durable lumber species that is naturally resistant to rot, decay & insects. University studies show Cedar’s high durability to outdoor applications.
BEAUTY – Aesthetically, there really is no substitute for the natural beauty of Cedar. Ingrained with decidedly crisp, yet superbly rich, tonal properties, Cedar enhances traditional outdoor home decor & inspires innovative eye pleasing architecture.
SUSTAINABILITY – Independent studies prove that when it comes to environmental performance, natural Cedar is exceptional to synthetic products in every way. While other building materials generate greenhouse gases, Cedar actually removes greenhouse gases from the atmosphere. And unlike plastics & vinyl, Cedar is renewable & biodegradable. Plus, Cedar is sourced from the most sustainable managed forests in the world.
Rainbow celebrates over a quarter century of proudly constructing our Play Systems from the BEST lumber species available: 100% NATURAL CEDAR.
Our Exclusive Lifetime Warranty is the BEST in the business & the Gold Standard in the residential playground industry. Rainbow’s 100% Cedar construction is backed by our Exclusive Lifetime Warranty.
Rainbow is dedicated to being environmentally responsible by teaming up with SFI Certified mills that harvest utilizing the Sustainable Forestry Initiative.
RAINBOW CASTLE STRUCTURAL DESIGN
RAINBOW CLUBHOUSE STRUCTURAL DESIGN
(a) SPACIOUS 7′ HEADROOM in the Clubhouse offers an open design providing additional height for your child to grow into their Rainbow play system.
(b) 18 OZ. HEAVY DUTY CANOPY Our Heavy Duty Canopy ‘-‘ offers protection from sun or rain to make every day a great day to play. Our removable canopy is easy to clean, thicker than most in the industry & manufactured with UV protective material to mitigate fading.
(c) VERTICAL SPINDLE SAFETY RAILS Attractive V construction detail creates a safe rail panel with maximum stability combined with excellent visibility.
(d) FASTENER FREE DECKING Pre-panelized Decking sections are designed to provide a safe, fastener-free play surface by placing all hardware & fasteners underneath the Clubhouse play deck.
(e) SIX STRUCTURAL UPRIGHTS made from solid 4” x 4” timber are used for maximum stability. Our competitors use 4 uprights.
(f) LOWER LEVEL CUSTOMIZATION Choose what’s best for your family, the most popular are Picnic Table, Sandbox, General Store, Dream Theatre, Lemonade Stand or Playhouse.
(g) DECK LEVEL TOP STEP provides a smooth transition to the play deck after completing the climb.
(h) NOTCHED WOOD ANGLE BRACES give maximum support by bracing wood against wood which greatly reduces the force on the lag bolts that hold the brace in position.
(i) DUAL BOLT CONSTRUCTION DETAIL Dual bolted construction detail throughout the play structure creates tremendous rigidity at the connection points for a vastly more stable structure when compared to the single bolt construction used by competitors.
(j) LARGE 4″ X 6″ MAIN BEAM DECK V SUPPORTS with heavy duty 1/2″ carriage bolt construction pride twice the load-bearing strength of competitor’s 2″ x 6″ supports.
(k)OVERSIZED BASEBOARDS The foundation of our Rainbow Clubhouse features customized baseboards that are TWICE AS THICK as the competitors & creates a very solid Clubhouse structure design.
RAINBOW’S EXCLUSIVE SUPER SCOOP SLIDE ENGINEERING
Extra high Super Scoop Slide side walls create a super safe Super Scoop Slide for all ages.
With the flared edges to grab on to, the Super Scoop Slide is a very safe climbing ramp.
RAINBOW’S SUPER SCOOP SLIDE
- “Scoop” design keeps kids in the center all the way down the slide.
- Super high sidewalls for maximum safety. The flared edges are easy to grab creating a super safe climbing ramp.
- Curved landing properly positions children for a safe exit with their feet on the ground.
- Wooden trim and big beam pedestal base for additional reinforcement and stability.
- Manufactured (same material high-density polyethylene) that has been used in commercial playgrounds for over 40 years.
- Backed by Rainbow’s Exclusive Lifetime Warranty.
Rainbow’s Exclusive Super Scoop Slide Is the absolute BEST Residential playground slide available In the Industry.
Above the slide is our Grab•N•Go Bar that creates a super easy access to our Super Scoop Slide.
The Rainbow Super Scoop Slide Is available In 11-foot & 15-foot lengths.
RAINBOW’S EXCLUSIVE 10.5′ SCOOP SLIDE ENGINEERING
- Using the most advanced technology to create maximum strength, our Scoop Slides are engineered with a tack-off design for exceptional structural integrity.
- The Scoop Slide Kit is solidly supported by Big Beam 4 x6″ slide legs.
- The safest possible exit design is created by having our Scoop Slide bedway guide your child to safely exit the side with both feet firmly on the ground.
- Thru-bolted into the upper-level mounting blocks, the Scoop Slide entrance point is the safest & most secure method of solidly fastening the Scoop Slide to the play structure.
- Exclusive grab grooves on both sides of the slide walls create a fun & safe way to use the slide as a climbing ramp.
- Scoop designed bedway keeps kids in the center of the slide.
- Extra high sidewalls create a safe & secure sliding experience for toddlers.
- Big Beam 4” x 6″ timber base is available in multiple heights to accommodate Rainbow Series as well as unleveled yard applications.
- Double wall construction detail is engineered for maximum strength. The highest level of safety & the most attractive overall appearance.
RAINBOW’S EXCLUSIVE SPIRAL SLIDE ENGINEERING
Rainbow’s 360° Spiral Slide
- More Action!!! A full 360° turn.
- 20% larger diameter than competitor’s spiral slide.
- A more consistent circular ride compared to competitor’s “corkscrew” Design.
- 200% thicker walls than competitor’s slide.
- Full elbow design creates 50% fewer seams than the competitor’s split elbow design.
- Includes a heavy-duty, big beam, wooden pedestal base for extra support and sat ability.
- Manufactured with the same exact material that has been in commercial playgrounds for over SO years, rotationally molded high-density polyethylene.
- Backed by Rainbow’s Exclusive Lifetime Warranty
OUR 360° SPIRAL SLIDE WEIGHT IS 6 TIMES AS MUCH AS THE COMPETITOR’S SPIRAL SLIDE.
Rainbow’s 270° Spiral Slide
- 100% thicker walls than competitor’s spiral slide.
- Full piece elbow sections create 50% fewer seams more than the competitor’s spiral slide.
- Double Wall Molded Landing section is twice as solid as competitor’s spiral slide single wall lightweight landing.
OUR 270º SPIRAL SLIDE WEIGHT IS 4 TIMES AS MUCH AS COMPETITOR’S SPIRAL SLIDE.
Visit our Showroom today
You truly have to see it to believe it! Bring your family to our showroom to experience our dedication to quality in person. Climbing, sliding, and swinging is encouraged!